Sunday, August 13, 2017

Lancers, Saxons, and Saxons

Hello,

Today I've managed to finish 60 models.

First are a twelve pack of the Perry Dutch Red Lancers.

Their lances are plastic broom bristles, with the ends squished and trimmed.

Here are six Renegade Saxons, without body armor. (everyone on this post has broom bristle spears)

Here are eight more Renegade Saxons with mail shirts.  I need to buy some shield decals, they'd look better and save time.

Here are nineteen more Renegade Saxons with fuller mail jackets.  Renegade are slighter larger than normal 28mm miniatures, but I really like them.
The Saxon named Ash's shield looks a lot like a Pokeball.
 One Saxon with an axe and two horn blowers.

Here are six Old Glory Revolting peasants.  Who shows up to battle only armed with a pig?

Here are six spearmen.  I have no idea of manufacturer or ethniticity.  Please tell me who made these.

Here are five robots.  The gatling gun bots are Anvil Industry models.  Unlike most resin companies, Anvil Industries have reasonable prices.

The not-Fallout thing with eye stalks and the feminine model are Brother Vinni resin.  The floating head is Old Glory; he's supposed to have a clear plastic dome cover that I can't find; it was likely vacuumed by the wife.  I'm not complaining, as I don't want to do the vacuuming.

Here are two odd rocks I found in the basement of a run down cabin in the woods, outside Lake Geneva.  I was studying water fauna for Miskatonic U on one of my scientific research trips, and this old cabin called to me from the woods.

Till next time beloved viewer, when I should have more Saxons and some other stuff, but I never know what I'll paint.

xoxoxox

Baconfat

16 comments:

  1. Oh, really terrific Dutch lancers! Fabulous job on the Perry sculpts. Shieldwork on your Saxons stand out as colorful to your Dark Age figures.

    Productive month for you!

    Interesting homemade polyhedral dice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mixture of toys and all well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a painting machine, James! Love all of 'em, but the Lancers are my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Отличная работа! Браво! Уланы действительно хороши!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those 6 with spears are Gripping Beast. I got the same sculpts with baggage for Saga. Great stuff.
    I would gift those cursed dice stones to someone if I was you or is it too late.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.grippingbeast.co.uk/CIV06_Peasants--product--2795.html

      Delete
  6. Good painting as always. You may get a giant crustacean bearing a brain cylinder asking for those stones back, be warned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all excellent, you've been most productive with the usual ecletic mix - I do wonder how you decide what to paint when you have such diverse interest, I'm hard-pressed to paint anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a fabulous array of miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on each of them, but your lancers are my favourites...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One more great looking batch of miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice mix of figures, you can't have too many men with pigs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic output, it may be more than my entire year to date.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lancers are spot on 👍

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bihar board managed and designed textbooks of all the subjects in such a way to provide the students with ease during the time of exam preparation. On the other hand, students can explore their skills and can also learn all the subjects thoroughly. Keeping all such things in mind, we are also providing the students with the chapter-wise PDFs of all the subjects of the Bihar board class 10th Books 2021. BSEB 10th Syllabus 2021-2022 However, students who find interest in any of these subjects can download the PDFs here without any kind of difficulties. Besides, we also try to provide other relevant study materials so that the students can have a better future ahead.

    ReplyDelete